I'll Bring You Flowers In The Pouring Rain

I had been debating for as long as I can remember whether I should or shouldn't get a dip dye done to my hair, I love seeing it on other people but I was a little bit worried I wouldn't get used to dying half of my hair a shade of blonde (had highlights once and I hated it!)

So last week I decided to take the plunge and do it, if I didn't like it I could always dye it back right?

So the last couple of years I have always cut and had my hair styled at Tony & Guy (I know what you're thinking... You're thinking "you must be rich if you're going there!") I know Tony and Guy is a little more expensive than other local salons but I've had such bad experiences with hair dressers before (where they never do what you ask them for or misunderstand and sentence you to a week quarantine until you can get it fixed!) that paying that much extra for guaranteed lush looking hair is worth it in my eyes.

I was contemplating having them do my dip dye but for my hair length I was told that I'd be paying around £200 for the dip dye and a cut and blow dry so I had to make do with going to my local salon...

Big mistake!

I thought I should try my mum's new salon of choice which she was always raving about, in particular about this one hair stylist who always did her hair. So I booked an appointment on a Friday afternoon and hoped for the best. By the end of the appointment I was leaving the salon with three layers of colour in my hair, kind of like a Victoria Sponge cake with a horrible layer of blonde as the bottom layer! I left the salon not knowing how to feel or what to say, I just didn't have the guts to tell this woman that that was definitely not dip dye.

A week passed and by the end of the week I couldn't wait any longer to fix the biggest hair disaster of 2013. I was really annoyed as all this damages your hair quite a bit and having to do all over was definitely not good and not an easy process. However when I returned to the salon I was served by a different stylist, a really nice woman who totally put me at ease and fixed it (she's the Bob of all hair dressers!) Now I have hair I can make public appearances with! YAY!



Ta-daaah! What d'ya think bambinos?
You can also have a look at my outfit for that day. I looked ready for Spring but London made me look silly, it rained ALL day and my feet got drenched :(














Jumper - H&M
Floral Cigarette Trousers - Topshop (S/S'12) SIMILAR HERE
'Milano' Toe Cap Ballerina Flats - Topshop 
Watch - Michael Kors
Necklace - Topshop (Old)
Ring - H&M

Anyone else started to wear their Spring time buys?
Hope I'm not the only one being made feel silly by the terrible weather. 

Plane ticket to Bora Bora? Why don't mind if I do!

X O X O
Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.